Beginning Thursday, the Des Moines metro transit agency DART will end weekday service earlier and reduce the frequency of some bus routes during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Nearly every route is affected.
Saturday and Sunday service will remain normal.
The following temporary changes will take effect on weekday routes:
- These local routes will shut down at 9 p.m.: 1, 4, 6, 14, 15, 17, 52 and 72
- Buses will stop running at 10 p.m. on these routes: 3, 7, 16, 60
- Most express routes will be limited to two morning and two evening trips
- The D-Line will run every 15 minutes
- The Link will be discontinued
- Frequency on routes 1, 6, 17 and 72 will be reduced during peak travel times
- DART paratransit service will end at 10 p.m.
- DART Central Station will close at 10 p.m.
The temporary schedules for Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority services are available at ridedart.com. Printed copies will be made on request at the Central Station customer service window.